Rainbow wheel, made for Monica. After a fiddly start (its been a while since I did any foundation piecing) it was a nice quick block to complete, but very effective!
1. Making the templates (I had some quilting paper lying around so used that, as its basically just tissue paper). I traced them from the supplied pattern:
2. Cutting done (thank you Monica for the tips of sizes for each piece)
3. First block pieced - only three unpicks I think (did I mention it had been a while since I foundation pieced), that bottom piece, it took me ages to get the fit right. Also, the light blue and purple were my stash donations, so I started with them just incase as I had a fair bit more in the cupboard.
4. Halfway there! I took a break at this stage and left it for the next day.
5. COMPLETE!! Yay. Looks really nice, I can't wait for pics of the complete quilt.
Next is a couple of border pieces to go with this before I send it back to Monica.....